Where to Stay In Jinja Uganda: 13 Best Hotels, Lodges, Camps & Guest Houses (2023)
Jinja town is located about 80km east of Kampala. Jinja is famed for being the source of the Nile and it is where adrenalin-junkies of all abilities come to enjoy white water rafting, freestyle white water kayaking, bungee-jumping, quad biking, mountain biking, tubing, sport fishing, and other adventure-based activities. It is an ideal place for short Uganda tours and weekend trips from Kampala. As for where to stay in Jinja, the town is served by a diverse network of accommodation. Here, we introduce our favorite lodges, guest houses, and hotels in Jinja:
- Lemala Wildwaters Lodge (High-End)
- Jinja Nile Resort (Luxury)
- The Haven Eco River Lodge (Semi-Luxury)
- 2 Friends Guesthouse Jinja (Mid-Range)
- Explorers River Camp Jinja (Budget)
- Busoga Trust Guesthouse (Budget)
- Jinja Source Of The Nile Hotel (Midrange)
- Bilkon Hotel Jinja (Midrange)
- King Kingfisher Safari Resort (Midrange)
- Jinja Backpackers (Budget)
- Bikeadventures Guest House (Budget)
- Brisk Hotel Triangle (Midrange)
- Hotel Paradise On The Nile (Mid-Range)
1. Lemala Wildwaters Lodge (High-End)
Lemala Wildwaters Lodge is one of the finest luxury Uganda safari lodges. As the name suggest the lodge is owned and operated by Lemala, a company that provides comfortable accommodation in remote settings across Africa. They have lodges in Tanzania’s Serengeti National Park, Tarangire National Park and Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
Lemala Wildwaters Lodge in Jinja has 10 spacious suites that lie within six hectares of pristine riverine forest that make up a private island in the middle of the world’s longest river.
Each suite has a balcony with gorgeous views and an outdoor claw-foot tub for alfresco bathing – a perfect way to watch the sunset. Additionally, suites have queen-sized daybeds ideal for unwinding with a book from the lodge’s library, as well as hand basins carved from local pink granite.
Wildwaters Lodge assures a stress-free Uganda honeymoon whether you are in your suite or out on the water. And there’s a superb suite for families on a Uganda family safari. It is a perfect place to relax at the end your long Uganda safari holiday.
To get here, the majority of travellers opt to self-drive from Kampala, a distance of about 80km on the Jinja Road followed by a further 25-km journey from the town to Wildwaters Lodge. Air transfers are possible too, and the island boasts its own heli-pad. All journeys end with a boat ride across the Nile, onto the private island where Wildwaters is located.
- Ten sumptuous suites, including one family unit and a honeymoon suite
- Island setting in the middle Nile River
- Large, exquisitely designed rooms
- Rafting, swimming, bungee jumping & jet boating
- Guided walks & birding
- Day spa & library
- Lovely Lounge, Dining Area, Bar, Veranda, Gardens, Swimming Pool
- Rafting, Kayaking, Swimming, Bungee jumping, Jet boating, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Fishing, Horse Riding, Quad Biking
2. Jinja Nile Resort (Luxury)
Jinja Nile Resort is located along the banks of the Nile River and about 4 km from Jinja Town.
The resort has a total of 140 luxury rooms with private balcony and DSTV. Jinja Nile Resort is situated in a tranquil environment and it is a favourable resort for both the leisure and business traveler. The resort has dining rooms that serve local, continental and oriental cuisine.
It also has 5 bars with all assortments of wines, spirits and labels.
Other amenities include conference rooms equipped with all visual aids, 1 Boardroom, Wi-Fi and internet connectivity, Italian Coffee Shop, Business Centre and Secretarial Room; Gym, Sauna, Massage parlor and Steam Bath, Swimming pool with children section, squash and tennis court, spacious garden and facilities for private parties and wedding.
- A total of 140 luxury rooms
- Located in a 12-hectare landscaped garden on the banks of the Nile
- 5 bars, fitness center, barbecue facilities
- Wi-Fi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
- Tennis equipment, Darts, Billiards, Children’s playground, Fishing, Tennis court
- Coffee house on site, Fruits, Wine/champagne, Kid-friendly buffet, Kid meals
- Outdoor fireplace, Picnic area, Sun terrace, BBQ facilities, Balcony, Terrace
- Fax/photocopying, Business centre, Meeting/banquet facilities
- Swimming pool
3. The Haven Eco River Lodge (Semi-Luxury)
Overlooking the Nile River, the Haven Lodge is all about location. This lodge received a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2022.
It is consistently rated one of Jinja’s best lodges, with a breath-taking views of River Nile. There are beautiful views from thatched-roofed bandas, bungalows, tents, family suites, and honeymoon suites, all with hot water, a large bed, a mosquito net, a safe and flat-screen television.
The Haven Eco River Lodge also has pleasant grounds featuring a play area, bike rentals, and sandbox; it’s great for families too. It boasts many eco-friendly credentials, a safari-style restaurant, and a swimming pool with sun loungers.
- Peaceful, relaxed and well-maintained eco river lodge
- Located About 20 km Northwest of Jinja Town on the west bank of the River Nile
- lodge is solar-powered, provides 24-hour electricity and hot water
- 6 kinds of accommodation comprise of 4 luxury bungalows, 2 family suits, 1 honeymoon suite, 1 family bungalows, 2 luxury bandas and 10 ‘lazy camping’ tents.
- Spot fishing, biking, rafting, village walks, birding, boat cruise, campfire,
- Swimming pool, free Wi-Fi
- Activities for children, children’s play area; sandpit, swings, and trampoline
4. 2 Friends Guesthouse Jinja (Mid-Range)
Situated in a quiet residential area in the heart of Jinja Town, 2 Friends is a relaxed guesthouse with smart safari-themed single, double and twin rooms. The rooms feature flat-screen TVs, safes, and attractive African art. Most rooms also have A/C.
2 Friends Guest House is located within 10 minutes walking distance to the Source of the Nile. It offers 24-hour security, free high speed Wi-Fi and a swimming pool. There are bikes for hire, plus free laundry service and a worthwhile on-site restaurant.
- 10 minutes walking distance from the source of the Nile
- Situated in a quiet residential area in the heart of Jinja City
- Swimming pool, bike hire, restaurant
- Free laundry services
- Relaxed guest house with single, double and twin rooms
- Buffet breakfast and a/c in most rooms
- All rooms are self-contained (shower & WC) with fridge, safe, DSTV , Wi-Fi
- Horseback safaris
5. Explorers River Camp Jinja (Budget)
Explorers River Camp is situated about 8 kilometers from Jinja town, with views of Lake Bujagali. It has a beautiful beach with majestic views of the Nile.
Barbecue and camping are arranged by the beach-side while partying and marveling at the beautiful river. There are tented rooms which are very clean, with hot showers and free Wi-Fi. The trees around the camp attract monkeys and birds.
- Fantastic views of the Nile River
- Beach-side barbecue and camping
- River Spa offering manicures, pedicures and massages
- Comfy outdoor lounge & bar with satellite TV
- Tubing on the Nile, bungee jumping, rafting, boat cruise
6. Busoga Trust Guesthouse (Budget)
Busoga Trust is a relaxed budget B&B style guesthouse. It is situated in Jinja’s leafy suburb, approximately a 15-minute walk from the centre of the town.
This guest house is ideal for backpackers passing through Jinja, or longer-term guests who are volunteering in the area. It has a chilled-out vibe with a homely lounge, kitchen for self-caterers, fast Wi-Fi, a patio looking out to its garden, and spacious rooms. Proceeds go directly towards water-sanitation projects in rural villages in the Greater Busoga Region.
- Main House: 8 en-suite guest rooms (3 dormitories, 3 twins, 1 double, and 1 single)
- Rear Quarters: 2 twin rooms without en-suite
- Breakfast included Monday to Saturday
- Free Wifi
- Shared kitchen, living room & dining room
- All bathrooms are served with hot water
- All beds fitted with mosquito nets and windows have mosquito screens
- Peaceful garden with BBQ facilities
- Laundry service
- 24 hour security
7. Jinja Source of the Nile Hotel (Midrange)
Jinja Source of the Nile hotel is located 210 meters away from the source of the Nile River. The hotel has spacious rooms that are divided into single, twin/double, triple, deluxe, executive and a suite.
All rooms have a large comfortable bed, drawer, tiled floors, a desk, a chair, a shower, a fan, and a television. The hotel also offers free Wi-Fi, a bar, restaurant, conference facilities, and large panoramic gardens for relaxation.
- Rafting, quad biking, kayaking, and bungee jumping
- Spacious rooms divided into single, double, triple, deluxe, executive and suite
- Free Wi-Fi, restaurant, conference facilities and gardens
8. Bilkon Hotel Jinja (Midrange)
Bilkon Hotel is located along the main road heading towards Kampala. The hotel is about 1 kilometer from Jinja town centre. It features 56 clean and comfortable rooms that are single, double and twin/ Family occupancy for all categories.
All rooms come with Breakfast and are self-contained with excellent Wi-Fi, Warm Water, Telephone, fans and Air Conditioners. Some rooms have bacons too.
The hotel also has a lounge area, a restaurant, a bar, barbecue, and conference rooms. Bilkon Hotel is ideal for organizing meetings, parties, and large weddings.
- 56 clean and comfortable rooms
- Pleasant Quiet atmosphere
- Lounge area, restaurant, bar, and conference rooms
- Ideal for organizing parties and weddings
- Free high-speed Wireless internet (Wi-Fi)
- Rafting, Fishing, Bungee Jumps
9. King Kingfisher Safari Resort (Midrange)
Kingfisher is located 9km away from Jinja town near Lake Victoria. The resort is owned by Germans. It has 28 single rooms, 7 twin rooms, 4 family rooms, and 6 double rooms. All the rooms have showers, laundry services, and a veranda. Kingfisher has a camping site, a large swimming pool, a bar, a children’s playground, and a large garden.
- 7 km from Jinja town
- A total of 44 rooms
- Large swimming pool and children play area
- Free WI-FI
10. Jinja Backpackers (Budget)
This unassuming, relaxed backpackers is owned by a Kiwi-Aussie couple who’ve set up rooms in a large sheep shearing–like shed with dorms and private rooms centred on a ping-pong table. It’s conveniently set just back from Bourbon bar and the waterfront, outside the Jinja town centre.
- Dome tents, double rooms with shared bathrooms,
- Twin room, en-suite rooms, dormitory rooms
- Biking tours, restaurant
11. Bikeadventures Guest House (Budget)
Bikeventures is a social enterprise (not for profit business) offering bike tours, -rentals, safaris and events operating in Uganda and Kenya.
Bikeventures offers travellers, volunteers, cyclists or other visitors of Jinja a great place to stay! Opt in for a private room (shared bathroom for the 2 private rooms) or the dormitory (1 bathroom for just the dormitory). You can even rent the whole house (max 13 people), if you are coming with a group.
- Fully furnished kitchen, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a beautiful garden
- 24 hour guaranteed light and internet on solar
- Free Wi-Fi-internet (kindly note that in Uganda internet speed is not very high)
- 24/7 security guards on site with panic button in the house and emergency alarm
- Use of BBQ at outside sitting area
- Fully equipped kitchen with fire extinguisher
- Lockable cabinets in the room
- Use of laundry machine upon request (with an additional fee)
- Beautiful garden with picnic tables and fresh fruits and vegetables to pick from
12. Brisk Hotel Triangle (Midrange)
Offering an outdoor pool and views of Lake Victoria, Brisk Hotel Triangle has 130 spacious guestrooms and suites. The hotel also has a spa centre and water sports facilities, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site. Every room comes with a TV. Rooms come with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.
Brisk Hotel Triangle features free Wi-Fi. You will find free shuttle service at the property. The property offers free movies at the theater every day and complimentary sauna on weekends. Car hire is available at this hotel and the area is popular for golfing.
- Located on 12 acres of lush, pristine property at the intersection of the source of the Nile
- A total of 130 spacious guest rooms and suites
- Striking and refreshing view of Lake Victoria
- Bar, Restaurant, Gym, Sauna, Steam Bath, Boat Cruise, rafting, Bungee Jumping
- Breakfast, Lunch Buffet, Dinner Buffet, Cocktail Parties
- Conferences, Seminars, Weddings, Concerts
13. Hotel Paradise on the Nile (Mid-range)
Hotel Paradise on the Nile has 71 spacious rooms that include all the features that will make your stay comfortable and convenient. The hotel offers accommodations with other facilities including a, BBQ facilities and a children’s playground.
Guests can play mini-golf and darts on site, and there is a shared TV/lounge area. Each room at Hotel Paradise on the Nile offers a seating area, an en suite bathroom and a terrace overlooking the Nile River.
- A total of 71 spacious rooms
- 1km/5min drive from Jinja town
- 1km/6 minutes’ drive from the source of the Nile
- 7km/ 7minutes’ drive from Jinja Main Market
- Bar, garden and sun terrace.
- fully equipped fitness centre with professional instruction
- Business Center, Conference Facilities, Swimming Poor
- Restaurant, Fully Stocked Bar, High Speed Internet & Free Wi-Fi
- Secure Car Parking, Valuable item storage – on request