There is a variety of accommodation options/places to stay in Seychelles, from modest Creole guesthouses to deluxe 5-star hotels and beach resorts. Many resorts and hotels in Seychelles cater for families on holiday, while others cater for romantic visitors.
Certainly, beautiful places on the classic island destinations of Praslin and Mahé as well as the fabulous private Seychelles islands make accommodation in Seychelles ideal for honeymooners. Below are the recommended places to stay in Seychelles:
1. Constance Ephelia Resort - Luxury
- Constance Ephelia is a first class resort hotel in Seychelles. It boasts two of Seychelles finest beaches on Mahé Island as well as a marine park.
- It offers some of best facilities and dining choices in the Seychelles.
- Ephelia is the largest resort in the area, but its spacious grounds, closeness to 2 beaches, and a range of dining options ensure that you can easily find space to relax away from other people. The resort features 267 villas and suites
- Each of the suites and villas has stylish design and the facilities you’d expect, including ceiling fans, A/C, telephone, minibar, safe, TV, CD and DVD players, Wi-Fi, and even a pillow menu. Ephelia welcomes families, and is a particularly a family-friendly resort.
- The hotel has a kids’ club for 4- to 12-year-olds that is open from 9am to 10pm.
- The mini club features a games room and dining room, and offers both indoor and outdoor activities, as well as excursions.
- Babysitting is also offered on request, at an extra cost. There is also a park area with swings and slides close to the North Beach.
2. Les Villas D'Or - Midrange
- Les Villas D’Or has a serene location on the white sand beach of Côte D’Or on Praslin, the second largest in Seychelles.
- The beach is picture-perfect, soft sand leads to a warm turquoise sea, fringed by tropical jungle
- In the hotel’s grounds, you can meet giant tortoises and spot exotic birds.
- The area is quiet and relaxed, but there are many restaurants and bars within a comfortable walking distance.
- Les Villas D’Or 10 has self-catering villas that are just steps from the beach.
- The gardens are pretty and blend with surrounding jungle
- Most visitors come here to enjoy the stunning beach.
- Away from the beach there is a pool set among the tropical foliage
- The hotel can also arrange bicycles trips to explore the island further.
- Due to the self-catering nature of this property, Les Villas D’Or is ideal for families.
- Family groups can comfortably fit into the 2-bedroom villas, which sleep up to 5, or the one-bedroom villas that sleep 3.
- Cots and high chairs are available and the hotel can arrange babysitting.
3. CaranaBeach Hotel - Luxury
- CaranaBeach Hotel is situated on the northern tip of Mahé Island.
- The hotel sits along in the cove, flanked by granite boulders and swaying palm trees. It feels quite private and secluded.
- From here you can easily travel to Beau Vallon or the capital Victoria by taxi or hire car
- The beach is beautiful, but there is no reef here so at some times of year the waves can be larger than other beaches on the island.
- It isn’t always possible to swim in the sea, but there is a beachfront swimming pool. Carana has 40 chalets that spacious with light, modern decor and a nautical theme.
- All chalets overlook the ocean with a good-size balcony from which to enjoy the views.
- The hotels welcomes families but there is no children’s club
- There are plenty of places to visit on the island and a variety of land- and water-based activities available, either locally or pre-booked by your specialist.
4. Constance Lemuria - Luxury
- Constance Lemuria Resort is a five-star resort found on idyllic Praslin Island
- Praslin is the home of the primeval forest of Vallée de Mai, a place so heavenly that early explorers believed it was the Garden of Eden.
- The Resort is home to three stunning beaches (including one of the world’s Top Ten: Anse Gorgette) and an 18-hole championship golf course.
- Constance Lemuria has luxurious 105 suites and 8 villas including a presidential villa
- All are constructed in wood, marble, stone and pink granite.
- From here, you can snorkel, dive, sail and fish in the stunning tropical waters
- Stroll along pristine beaches and picnic in the coconut grove in company with giant tortoises.
- You can also flex your fitness with mountain biking, tennis and yoga. There is also a Spa
- Cocktails and informal meals are served poolside while no less than three world-class restaurants offer you Seychellois flavours and global cuisine.
- There is a kids’ club at Lemuria, which welcomes children between 4 and 11 years of age.
- Babysitting can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Lemuria has a PADI-certified dive facility at the resort.
5. Le Repaire Boutique Hotel - Midrange
- Situated on La Digue Island, this chic 18 bed room hotel is a stunning beachfront retreat.
- The hotel is located in easy walking distance of the shops, jetty and bicycle hire shop.
- All feature air conditioning, fan, safe, television, hair dryer, mini-fridge, tea- and coffee-making facilities and an en suite bathroom with shower.
- Four of the rooms have sea views, 3 have garden views and 2 have a mountain view.
- It is possible to add an extra bed for a child into all of the rooms, making this a good option for families.
- A restaurant here overlooks the sea and offers light lunches and dinner, using a mix of Italian and Seychellois influences.
- Le Repaire also has a small swimming pool, as well as the lovely beach of course.
6. Le Domaine De L’Orangeraie
- Le Domaine de L’Orangeraie is hidden away on the island of La Digue.
- Its 55 beautiful villas and suites overlook beautiful gardens and some with views down to the sea below.
- The villages conveniently located just a 2-min walk from the beach and close to the supermarket.
- There are lots of facilities including a spa with stunning views, an infinity pool and plenty of loungers.
- The restaurant also overlooks the sea and serves Mediterranean and Creole food with a mix of buffet and à la carte options available.
- Le Domaine offers a great place to either relax by the pool or from which to explore this sleepy island under your own steam.
- The main pool area is very attractive and the sunsets over the sea from the pool bar are picture-perfect
- Spend your days here snorkelling, sunbathing, or discovering secluded coves on long beach walks.
- Go to Anse Source d’Argent – one of the most photographed beaches in the world with its white sand and dark granite boulders.
- If you’re feeling more energetic, hire a bike and explore the paths and trails around this exotic island
7. L'Archipel - Luxury
- Hotel L’Archipel is situated in a secluded cove in the northeast of Praslin at the end of Côte d’Or Beach.
- The beach has soft white sand that shelves gently into the ocean
- It is set in a sheltered bay flanked at both ends by rocky outcrops making the beach feel very private.
- The rooms are in two-storey buildings scattered across the gardens and up the hillside, connected by winding paths lined with hibiscus and bougainvillea.
- This hotel features a colonial Seychellois architecture, high ceilings and large windows
- It a great choice for small families
- And with its idyllic scenery, honeymooners will delight in L’Archipel’s romantic ambience.
- You rest on your shady private terrace or many sun loungers beside the fresh-water swimming pool and enjoy the stunning views of the bay.
- If you are feeling adventurous, L’Archipel is a convenient base from which to explore Praslin.
8. Paradise Sun
- Paradise Sun is located on Cote D’Or Beach, one of the Seychelles’ best, on the island of Praslin.
- It has 80 rooms that are set in two-storey wooden buildings and stretch through the gardens along the beachfront in a semi-circle formation
- There is a rustic feel to the décor with reclaimed stone walls, polished wooden floors and hand-made furniture.
- The beach is the real highlight here: it’s a seemingly endless stretch of powder-soft white sand, lined with palm trees.
- Water sports are available to make the most of the bathwater-warm water while the resort also offers a large range of activities from volleyball to nature walks.
- Paradise Sun welcomes families, but please note there are no specific children’s facilities.