White sand beaches and brilliantly blue seas are on full show on our 8 days Seychelles Cruising holiday.
Enjoy wonderful sea views and crisp salt air from the deck, relaxing with friends and dining on board. Sail to uninhabited islands, see giant tortoises, hike through mangrove forests, explore UNESCO World Heritage-listed nature reserves and relax on some of the world’s finest beaches.
This 8 Days Seychelles Cruising Holiday allows you to explore at your own pace and relax into island life. It is, after all, a true slice of Indian Ocean paradise.
8 Days Seychelles Cruising Holiday | Highlights
- Cruise in a small ship M/Y Pegasus
- Stop at the stunning Anse Source D’Argent on La Dique – rated as one of the best beaches in the world
- Take an insightful nature walk through mangrove forests and World Heritage-listed reserves.
- Drop anchor in the centre of port towns such as Mahe and La Digue, having the opportunity to explore independently and hop on and off the boat as you please.
- Swim, kayak or snorkel in the crystal-clear waters and discover its colourful ecosystem underwater.
6 Days Seychelles Cruising Holiday | Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Mahe & Travel to St Anne
- Welcome to the Seychelles! On arrival in at Seychelles International Airport in Mahé, you will be met by our company representative who will escort you through the airport and onward to your hotel transfer.
- After refreshing drink and short briefing, you will depart Port Victoria and cruise to nearby St Anne for a relaxing swim stop off the ship.
- You will spend your night at anchor near St Anne and enjoy a welcome dinner with your fellow travelers or friends.
- Learn about the native coco de mer palm.
- Spot nesting seabirds and hawksbill turtles on Cousin Island.
Day 2: Visit Curieuse Island
- After a good breakfast today, you will depart St Anne Island early in the morning to reach the uninhabited Island of Curieuse. Here, you take a walking tour with a park guide
- Situated around 2 kilometers to the north-east of Praslin, Curieuse Island is about 3 kilometers long and was first given the name Ile Rouge because of its red earth.
- As part of the Marine Park, Curieuse Island is strictly protected and only a few families live here. Like Praslin, Curieuse is home to the rare Coco-de-Mer palm.
- There is also a population of around 250 wild giant tortoises, brought over from Aldabra in the 1980s and a breeding scheme has been in place there for many years.
- The island was once a leper colony, and the ruins of the houses can still be observed here.
- Curieuse also features a large, restored colonial villa, known as the Doctor’s House, where the island doctor lived in the 1870s.
- There is a variety of nature trails around the island including ones that takes you through the extensive swamps, home to 8 different species of mangrove.
- After Curieuse Island exploration, you will return to the beach for a BBQ under the trees.
- In the afternoon, you will enjoy the beach and sea activities.
Day 3: Cruise from Curieuse to Cousin Island – Anse Lazio
- This morning, you will cruise for Cousin Island for an included excursion.
- Cousin Island is a granitic island covering 270000 km2 and lies about 2km from Praslin island.
- Cousin Island became the world’s first internationally owned reserve when it was bought in 1968 by the International Council for the Protection of Birds, now Birdlife International.
- The aim was to save the last remaining Seychelles warblers. It is not only an important for sea birds and endemic land birds but is also the most significant breeding site for Hawksbill turtles in the Western Indian Ocean.
- The reserve is managed exclusively by locals and benefits local communities on the neighboring Praslin island through eco-tourism.
- Conservation activities include monitoring of the island’s biodiversity, research, re-introduction of endangered species such as the Seychelles Magpie Robin.
- In afternoon, you will continue to Anse Lazio, Praslin – one of the most beautiful beaches in the world for water sports and snorkeling.
Day 4: Explore Aride Island, St Pierre, Baie St Anne, and Praslin Islands.
- Today, depart for Aride. This tour is an essential part of this 8 Days Seychelles Cruising Holiday itinerary for any visitor who want discover what the islands were like 250 years ago before human settlement.
- Aride Island is also home to one of the most important seabird populations in the Indian Ocean with more breeding species than any other island in Seychelles.
- 18 species of native birds (including 5 only found in Seychelles) breed on Aride, including the Audubon’s shearwater and the Seychelles warbler.
- Aride Island also hosts the Wright’s gardenia which is found nowhere else on earth.
- It is also an island where native plants find fertile soil for growth. Because of this, it plays a very important role in the conservation of Seychelles wildlife both terrestrial and marine (with a 200-meter protected area from the coastline).
- At around 12.00 am, you will sail for St Pierre Island, arriving just after lunch in time for swimming and snorkeling.
- As the sun set, you will depart St Pierre and sail to Baie St Anne in Praslin for relaxation dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Visit Vallee de Mai and Cote d’Or Beach
- Today, maybe choose for an optional excursion to Vallee de Mai Nature Reserve, via the main mountain pass.
- A scenic coastal drive through picturesque fishing villages and dense forest of contrasting shades of green takes you to where you start a guided tour.
- Explore the mystical World Heritage-listed site well-known for its Coco de Mer – the largest seed in the plant kingdom. Look out for the Black Parrot, one of the rarest birds in the world and listen to its high-pitched whistle.
- Leave Vallee de Mai and visit Cote d’Or Beach, which has been voted on many occasions as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Have a swim and a refreshing afternoon drink.
- In afternoon, embark on boat and sail to the uninhabited island of felicite for snorkeling, swimming and optional dive excursion.
- Enjoy an evening sail to La Digue for relaxation, dinner and overnight.
Day 6: Visit La Digue, L’Union Estate, Anse Source D’Argent beach, and La Passe
- Today, you can opt to take a half-day excursion in La Digue – an attractive, quaint community in the Seychelles.
- After disembarking from the boat, take a bus to the Veuve Nature Reserve and through Union Plantation to l’Anse Source D’Argent beach.
- Arrive at L’Union Estate and explore the copra kiln, a traditional coconut oil mill and the colonial plantation house.
- Spend some time at the wonderful Anse Source D’Argent beach, admiring some of Seychelles’ most striking rock formations, while enjoying a refreshment.
- You can buy souvenirs at La Passe, the islands main village, before returning to the ship.
- In the late afternoon, sail to Moyenne Island, opposite Mahe for dinner and overnight.
Day 7: Tour Moyenne Island and return Mahe
Have a short-guided tour around Moyenne Island, swim and enjoy barbecue on the deck. This is the last chance for swimming and snorkeling before heading back to Mahe. Depart Moyenne for Mahe’s Victoria port in the afternoon arriving late at the Inter Island Quay. Enjoy the Captain’s farewell dinner with live music and dancing, spending the night in Mahe.
Day 8: Depart Seychelles
After breakfast 9 am, make your way to Mahe Airport for an onward travel arrangement. Safe Journey.